Update: Important Announcement Regarding Events on Campus
Mason will transition occupancy in all of its event spaces over the summer as Executive Order 72 (which established participant limits for events and gatherings) ended on May 29, 2021.
The established guidance for Programs, Events, Camps Serving Minors remains in effect. All on-campus events must still follow certain requirements:
- All events and gatherings managers must request space in compliance with University Policy 1103 (Space Utilization and Scheduling).
- Participants must complete Mason COVID Health✓™ and receive a “green light” status on the day of the event. Event organizers must confirm status during check-in prior to event entry.
- Entrances and exits must be configured to reduce bottlenecks.
- Events cannot be open to the general public. RSVPs are required for all events, and organizers should check in the participants and keep records of attendees/no-shows.
- If food is being served, a university-approved caterer must be used. Pre-packaged food and drink are allowed. Self-service of any kind is prohibited (for example, no buffet or coffee service). Served beverages and plated meals are allowed in accordance with policy. Event participants cannot bring their own food or drink to organized events.
- Signs must be posted at entrances stating that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, can enter.
*General public is defined as anyone who is not a current Mason faculty, staff, or student and has not registered for an event.
To reschedule or edit a current reservation at the Arlington Campus, email email@example.com.
For updates regarding the university and the COVID-19 pandemic, visit gmu.edu/coronavirus.
Discover Arlington's Event Spaces
Live streaming is now available on the Arlington campus!
Arlington Events Management
Van Metre Hall, Suite 220
3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201
George Mason University’s Arlington Campus offers a unique and convenient setting for a wide variety of events. From onsite computer labs and classrooms to an expansive and adaptable ballroom, Van Metre Hall and the Events Management team have the staff, expertise, and resources to meet and exceed your event’s requirements.
Van Metre Hall welcomes academic departments, government agencies, businesses, and community and non-profit organizations to host events at this spacious, modern facility. Our accommodations include:
- Over 100,000 square feet of available space
- 5,000 square-foot multipurpose room
- 300-seat auditorium
- Breakout rooms and classrooms for smaller groups
All rooms are equipped with the latest technology necessary to successfully facilitate your event. In addition, our professional staff maintain the highest standards of customer service to ensure your attendees enjoy a high-quality experience throughout the event.
Make a Scheduling Request
Internal (Mason) Clients (including jointly organized)