As a reminder, department or internal office meetings should be held virtually and must follow all Safe Return to Campus Plan precautions.
Virtual events are still strongly encouraged. Guidelines for virtual events can be found at events.gmu.edu/virtualevents.
The university is allowing some in-person events to be held with the following restrictions:
Events will be held in accordance with current phase guidelines for Commonwealth of Virginia businesses and Mason’s Event Exception Committee guidelines:
- No more than 50% occupancy of event space or 150 people, whichever is less. This cap includes organizers, panelists, etc.
- Spaces must be configured to provide six feet of physical distance between participants
- Events must be seated to ensure appropriate physical distancing
- All attendees, including organizers, panelists, etc., must wear face coverings
- Exits will be configured to reduce the occurrence of bottlenecks at the conclusion of the event
- Events will not be open to the general public; there must be an evite or registration system in place.
For more information on these guidelines and to view event requirements, please read the Fall 2020 Events Guidelines and Process.
To reschedule or edit a current reservation at the Arlington Campus, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updates regarding the university and the COVID-19 pandemic, visit gmu.edu/coronavirus.
Arlington Events Management
Van Metre Hall, Suite 220
3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201
George Mason University’s Arlington Campus offers a unique and convenient setting for a wide variety of events. From onsite computer labs and classrooms to an expansive and adaptable ballroom, Van Metre Hall and the Events Management team have the staff, expertise, and resources to meet and exceed your event’s requirements.
Van Metre Hall welcomes academic departments, government agencies, businesses, and community and non-profit organizations to host events at this spacious, modern facility. Our accommodations include:
- Over 100,000 square feet of available space
- 5,000 square-foot multipurpose room
- 300-seat auditorium
- Breakout rooms and classrooms for smaller groups
All rooms are equipped with the latest technology necessary to successfully facilitate your event. In addition, our professional staff maintain the highest standards of customer service to ensure your attendees enjoy a high-quality experience throughout the event.
Make a Scheduling Request
Internal (Mason) Clients (including jointly organized)