Update: Important Announcement Regarding Events on Campus
Masks are optional at Mason, except in classrooms and class labs during scheduled classes and or/lab activity.
All on-campus events must still follow certain requirements:
- All events and gatherings managers must request space in compliance with University Policy 1103 (Space Utilization and Scheduling).
- Participants must complete Mason COVID Health✓™ and receive a “green light” status on the day of the event. Event organizers must perform a spot check of 20 percent of attendees to verify a green status during check-in.
- Entrances and exits must be configured to reduce bottlenecks.
Requests for exceptions
- Faculty and staff who wish to request a medical exemption from wearing a mask where required should contact Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for more information
- Students who wish to request a medical exemption from wearing a mask should visit University Life’s Office of Disability Services for more information.
- Event organizers may choose to make masks required. Signs can be posted at event entrances to notify attendees of mask requirements.
For updates regarding the university and the COVID-19 pandemic, visit gmu.edu/coronavirus.
Discover Mason Square's Event Spaces
Mason Square Events Management
Van Metre Hall, Suite 220
3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201
George Mason University’s Mason Square (formerly the Arlington Campus) offers a unique and convenient setting for a wide variety of events. From onsite computer labs and classrooms to an expansive and adaptable ballroom, Van Metre Hall and the Events Management team have the staff, expertise, and resources to meet and exceed your event’s requirements.
Van Metre Hall welcomes academic departments, government agencies, businesses, and community and non-profit organizations to host events at this spacious, modern facility. Our accommodations include:
- Over 100,000 square feet of available space
- 5,000 square-foot multipurpose room
- 300-seat auditorium
- Breakout rooms and classrooms for smaller groups
All rooms are equipped with the latest technology necessary to successfully facilitate your event. In addition, our professional staff maintain the highest standards of customer service to ensure your attendees enjoy a high-quality experience throughout the event.
Make a Scheduling Request
Internal (Mason) Clients (including jointly organized)